Class Starts Jan. 12th
8am - 11am PDT
Use Promo code EarlyB22
and save $75 ($224)
Accessibility In Mind
This session covers accessibility guidelines for designing more accessible content. We review specific graphic examples of real-world content. We break down accessibility guidelines in easy-to-understand terms for things like Bar Charts, Pie Graphs, Line Graphs, Simple Infographics, Complex Infographics, Flow Charts, Process Charts, Aerial photos, maps, siteplans, and basic project photography. Attendees will learn proper color contrast, colorblind design best practices, how to generate effective alternate descriptions and additional design methods beyond the use of color alone to reduce cognitive barriers.
- What is Accessibility?
- Who is Accessibility for?
- What are the standards I need to know?
- Office, Adobe, Canvas, Google, Publisher etc.
- Access of information
- Color differentiation
- Info Relationships
Overcoming Common Pitfalls
- Structural Relationships (Styles)
- Text as Images
How to Inject accessibility into your current workflow
- Understanding the intent
- Telling the story
- Setting the palette
- The dangers of "accessibility at the end"
Accessible Table Design
- Accessible Structure
- Color in Tables
- Symbols and Legends
Images and Alternate Descriptions
- Meaningful vs Decorative Objects
- Alt-text vs Actual Text
- How to write effective Alt-text description
Accessible Color Choices
- Colorblindness & Color as a Differentiator
- Color Contrast
- Writing Alt-text
Accessible Social Media
- Emoji dangers
- Video Captions
- Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook
- 10 Tips for writing Accessibly
- Accessible Social Media Best Practices
- Top 10 Table Tips
- Tips for writing Effective Alt-Text
- InDesign Color Contrast Plugin ($150 value)